What do my lab test reports indicate?
Need to start Vitamin D supplements.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Well your Vitamin D is extremely low. You need to be started on Vitamin D supplements . Usually I recommend Cholecalciferol 60000 units weekly once for 3 months followed by monthly once for 5 months. Kindly get a prescription of this from your doctor . Also get more exposure to bright sunlight.
Your LDL cholesterol is high while HDL cholestrerol is low. But since you are just 28 years old there is no need to start on any medications. But do exercise and dieting.
DIET : Avoid high calorie food like Sweets, Ice creams , Dry fruits, Cheese , Butter , Ghee and Non veg food including Egg Yolk.
Eat more of fruits , vegetables and slightly reduce intake of Rice. Avoid drinking Carbonated Drinks like Pepsi, Coca cola, etc.
Exercise : Make a habit of exercising everyday. It is OK even if you exercise 5 minutes a day but make sure you exercise every day. It is better if you could exercise 20-30 minutes daily.
Start slowly , start with casual walking and after 4-5 days start walking fast ( Brisk Walking ) and keep increasing the pace or duration every 2 weeks.
Repeat Vitamin D test and Lipid profile after 1 year.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel to ask .
Thanks for your reply.
1) Yes I have started the Vitamin D medicine as as you prescribed with another tablet Gemcal 500mg. Will continue as you have told.
2) I do lot of exercises. I heavily control high carbohydrate food intake. I go to gym 4 days a week for an hour. I do only Cardio exercises and run 3.5 km on treadmill.
3) I eat egg with yolk once a week and other days have white part only.
4) Coke, Pepsi I avoid.
5) I have a family hereditary of high Cholesterol.
6) Very rarely take red meat
7) I am a little addicted to black tea and black coffee( do I need to reduce this?)
8) Everyday have a glass of milk.
9) at night I have mainly veg food and oats.
Don't knw how to check cholesterol as its a part of family.
Thanks and Regards,
What you are doing is sufficient.
Your Diet is absolutely fine , you better skip eating egg yolk ( even once a week ) .
Regarding black tea or coffee , if you are using sugar in that then better restrict to two times a day. If no sugar is used then its not an issue.
Regarding your exercise , you are doing fine but I would recommmend daily exercise ( even if it is 15-20 minutes also that's fine )
This much itself is sufficient. You can't do anything else if it is in your genes. Repeat Lipid profile test after 1 year and we shall review .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report