question-icon

What do my lab test reports indicate?

Posted on Fri, 22 May 2015
Question: Dear Doctor, I hope you are doing well.
I just received my husband 2 test result today from the hospital it was ordered 2 weeks ago i hope you can please explain my more please doctor.
Best regards
Mervat
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar (34 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Latest report is also in our favour.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again

I am aware of your husband's case.
Latest report is also in our favour.
This test also excludes multiple myeloma.

It is good that there is no monoclonal gammopathy.Monoclonal gammopathies occurs due to overproduction of a single abnormal clone of a plasma cell or B lymphocyte.Plasma cells proliferation is generally found in multiple myeloma.

So,you don't worry at all.He is fine.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Indu Kumar (47 hours later)
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thanks a lot for you answer really appricated . My husband going now to do MRI on chest and back and he had Chest and abdomin CT 3 month ago and my question for you is there any dangerous for radiation form too much scan , pls advise best regards Mervat
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Total dose delivered to your husband is far below XXXXXXX allowable safe dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hello

You don't worry about radiation exposure.Total dose delivered to your husband is far below the maximum allowable safe dose.

Total dose delivered due to radiological examinations is approx 18.0 mSV. This amount of radiation is equivalent to 4.5 years of natural radiation that every one of us get from environment.

CT thorax may deliver 8 mSV.
CT abdomen may deliver 10 mSV(with contrast).
Risk level is low due to these procedures.He is almost safe.

Get well soon.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care
Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Indu Kumar

Radiologist