What do my lab test report indicate?

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Lupus
Question: I am 55 years old lady. Had shoulder pain, neck pain, joint pain both elbows and left knee and left big toe. Was advised to do urine and blood text. Report shows ESR 28, SERUM URIC ACID 7.06 AND C-REACTIVE PROTEIN TEST 5.27. Please advice
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be Gout

Detailed Answer:

ESR, C reactive protein and Serum uric acid are within normal range. Except Uric acid is on the higher side of the range and can be considered the reason for your joint pains causing Gout. Serum uric acid does not directly related to Gout.

For now, you would only need pain killers to alleviate the pain. You may have to repeat the uric acid levels after few months, if increased you muct be treated with uricosuric drugs.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Please do ask if any doubts.
If you are satisfied with the answer, please rate the same with five stars and close.

If in future you need to consult me, you can approach me directly through the below link.

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-raju-a-t/60137