What do my lab test report indicate?
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
Montoux test is a non specific test for the diagnosis of tuberculosis and it has no significance, if it is positive.
One can't be declared as having TB with a positive report of Montoux.
Montoux test has more significance as negative predictability. It means, that if a person has Montoux negative, he / she doesn't have TB!
Montoux test also gets positive in cases where BCG vaccination has been received in childhood or even in people with past history of TB.
So, Montoux test is not going to decide that one needs treatment for TB or not.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report