What do my gestational diabetes blood test and urine test results indicate?
in case it requires taking an antibiotic( if the case was UTI) will it effect my baby in any way? specially am almost 29 weeks
i have no previous allergies
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have gone through the reports that you have attached.
Here are my suggestions -
1. Firstly, please take vitamin D supplements as your levels are not optimum.
2. Regarding the pus cells in urine, it is indicative of UTI. Do you have symptoms of a UTI ? Yes, it would mostly require antibiotics.
The antibiotics to be taken are chosen after urine culture test is done, that determines the offending bacteria and the agent that will target them.
PLease relax, most antibiotics are safe at 29 weeks.
Just get the urine culture test done and send me the report , I will suggest the safest antibiotic for use in your case.
Drink atleast 5 litres of water daily, particularly if you are in a hot climate.
3. The 2 hour post glucose reading is mildly on the higher side. Again , do not worry about it.
Just make necessary changes in your diet.
Cut back on carbohydrates, sweets, salt, sugar, processed food, starch, rice, potatoes.
Increase the intake of water, soups, vegetables, fruits ( apart from grapes and mangoes and watermelon ).
Consult a Nutritionist and get a proper diet chart made.
Please repeat the reading after 4 weeks of following a proper diet and I am sure the values will be normal.
What is your height and weight ?
Is the blood pressure normal ?
Are the latest ultrasound scans involving the baby normal ?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
You can post a question directly to me anytime, by clicking on the following link -
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ketones in urine gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes what to eat
- Gestational diabetes result 146
- Gestational diabetes test 131
- Gestational diabetes test 122
- Gestational diabetes results 82 on glucose test
- Cloudy urine gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes glucose result 122
- Gestational diabetes brown urine
- Gestational diabetes test result 129