What do my follicular scan test results indicate?
I did my follicular scan today. Cd10 below are the report details:
LMP - 17th Feb 2016
ET - 8mm
POD - no fluid
Right ovary - there are 2 follicles
14mm*15mm and 11mm*14mm
Left ovary - 11mm*15mm
My question is when does it rupture? And what is pod- no fluid.
How do we get to know if ovulation is happened?
Details are given below.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Generally, ovulation occurs approx 14 days prior to next period due date. In case of normal cycle, one follicle differs from the others & rapidly grows (called Dominant follicle). Before ovulation, average size of this follicle is 22 to 24 mm (range 18-36 mm). Follicle will rupture when it will grow up to 18 mm or more (within Cd 12 -18).
2) POD is recto-uterine pouch (a peritoneum fold between rectum and uterus). In general, there will be NO collection of fluid (i.e free of infection).
3) You can undergo Ovulation Prediction Kit (OPK) or LH kit to predict ovulation in the middle of regular cycle (Cd 12 -18). Egg white like cervical discharge may be found during this time.
Hope I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does these follicular studies indicate
- Follicular scan result is 102
- Follicular scan done what does the report indicate
- What is et in follicular study scan
- Follicular monitoring test normal scan report
- What is the positive result of follicular study
- Trying to conceive started follicular study what does result indicate
- What does the follicular report indicate
- What is the result of my follicular study
- Ideal results of day 11 follicular scan