What do my echo cardiogram test results indicate?
The doctor told me the report is perfectly normal.
I had the echo to rule out heart as cause of dizziness.
In your option is this report normal? They compared this echo to one I had 5 years ago and said no real change. I just want to know if the oversize is normal or could be technican error etc. Report attached.
Left ventricle with normal sizes
According to recent European and XXXXXXX joint guidelines, the upper limit of left ventricular size is 5,8 cm, yours is 5,7 cm. It perfectly sizes with your body surface area as well. So there is no dilation of left ventricle.
It is possible as it will make less effort on working, but it is not obligatory. Anyway your heart is perfectly normal with these sizes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done ecg and echo what do results indicate
- How to read echo cardiogram results
- What is a cardiogram test
- Echo cardiogram
- What does the test result indicate
- What can i expect during an echo cardiogram
- What does a echo cardiogram show
- What is ef in echo cardiogram
- Normal echo cardiogram whats the next step
- Should i be worried of the echo-cardiogram result