question-icon

What do my blood test results indicate?

Posted on Tue, 14 Jun 2016
Question: I have a hematocrit value of 18.2 g/dL a hematocrit value of 53.8%, a single copy of the Leiden Factor5 gene, and am on testosterone replacement therapy. I have very blurry vision and headaches, but am doing a double red blood cell donation today. My replacement testosterone is testosterone cypionate (Depo-test). Would Aveed/ Nebido ( testosterone undecanoate) be a better option for me in regards to my hematocrit and hemoglobin? Currently I am on 100 mg testosterone cypionate weekly, but my total testosterone is only 483 ng/dL.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (13 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
They all have teh same impact on hemoglobin!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this query.

These drugs have similar action and the only difference are the names. There is no need switching from one to another unless there are serious concerns. I will rather suggest that you get these dosages increased to meet your demand. Other formulations such as gels can be used to see if they work better or in synergy with this current regimen.

Blood donation will certainly help with the hematocrit. However, it remains an issue as long as you continue with testosterone replacement therapy. Rather monitor and do timely donations when the need arises.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah