What do my blood test results indicate?
Is it connective tisssue disease
Thank you for writing on health care magic
Well, her ANA is very strongly positive. I am not sure about the cut off range for Scl 70 and SSB...But if you could attach the report it would be helpful...
Her not feeling well, with weight loss can all be due to ANA..But somewhere symptoms are not fitting into the disease, maybe that s why your GP didnt believe you. But usually when a disease begins, it presents with vague symptoms rather than specific ones..
I would like to know a few more details before guiding you further:
1. Does she have any oral ulcers or dryness of mouth?/
2. Has her hair fall increased recently?
3. ANy rashes on the face/legs/back/abdomen?
4. THe purple color change, does it happen on exposure to cold also or just water?
5. ANy cough or difficulty in breathing?? Does the side of her ribs hurt when she takes a deep breath?
6. Why was her ANA and ENA carried out...??What about the other blood reports like CBC, LFT, ESR...ARe they within normal range??
7. Any swelling in the knee joints apart from pain?Or any other joints?
8. Does she have lot of acidity/reflux on eating??
Do let me know these queries. Would give me some idea where we are heading and I will be able to guide you better
Sorry for the late reply..Was occupied somewhere
Well pertaining to the history, it does feel like some autoimmune process is going on. I am only wondering why did they carry out ANA and ENA in the first place..and if it was positive, why wasnt it followed up earlier.
1. Oral ulcers
2. Photosensitivity: Rashes on sun exposure
3. Chest pain: I would like to get an X ray done to see if there is any fluid or is it just some inflammation
4. Knee pain: Not sure about the swelling
Well, it looks as if it is going towards an autoimmune disease. At this stage, I would label it as undifferentiated as few features and antibodies are present, but does not fit into any particular disease. Never the less, indication for starting treatment is needed. I would also like to see her other reports:( either you can get a fresh set done or track the older ones...
2. Liver function tests
3. Renal function tests
4. Urine routine
5. ESR, CRP
6. Complement C3 and c4
7. X ray chest
maybe you can get these done before you see the rheumatologist , so it will help narrow down the diagnosis earlier rather than wait for the results later on again
Hope the information was useful
PS: If you could take the snaps of the rashes on sun exposure, it would be helpful as well
Do let me know for more queries
The Dr. that did her blood work 2 weeks ago basically said I will do it again just to do it. He said that there was other blood work he could do but didn't see any use in it.
When they called about it they said they wanted to see her again. They made her rheumatologist app back in Dec with a pediatric rheumatologist. It just took a long time to get an appointment.
Her blood work in Dec was
SCl 70- 3.4
Centromere B Autoantibody 1.7
Does it make a difference that SSB went from 6.7 to 7.4 since Dec?
Well, complements look normal. So one way it is a good sign. The only significance of SSB increasing, is probably pointing that the disease is evolving. All these antibodies do change their titre and course of action during time and if not stopped, one may find many other auto antibodies to appear
But as such, she doesnt have any symptoms related to SCL 70.
I think they do think something is suspicious and want to keep a close watch on her, which is a good thing
When is your appointment with rheumatologist?? You can consult your GP and ask him if he s ok in starting hydrocychloroquine. It is a safe drug and can be started till you see the doctor
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- What does my blood test for bilirubin indicate
- What is triglycerides in blood test results
- What is tsh in blood test results
- What is gran in blood test results
- What is lymph on blood test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does these blood tests indicate
- Do my blood test results indicated cll
- What is occ on blood test results