What do my blood sugar levels indicate?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Diabetes
Question: If I had a blood test on the 1st of January 2015 and my blood sugar level was 5.6,
if i then tested my blood sugar with a glucose monitor in March, with an average reading of 4.8 in the morning and 5.3 after eating.

I also tested glucose level after eating 4 chocolate biscuits and received a reading of 6.9, but then tested 45 minutes later and the reading was 5.4.

If I had a blood test a few days ago (may 21st) , what are the chances of me being diagnosed with diabetes.

I have been feeling very tired for 2 months, I seem to lack motivation to get things done and want to sleep most of the time. could this be the cause of
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of normal levels

Detailed Answer:
Good day,

Noted your concern.

With the history and reviewing your blood sugar profile , if you had done another blood test on 21 st May, the chances are that, your blood sugars would have been normal.
Please get a fasting glucose, Hba1c done. That would be more better to assess further.
Any family history of diabetes??

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist