What do my X-ray test results indicate?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Had an X-ray. Results....Bilateral hilar prominence, may represent vasculature. Aorta is tortuous. Large pleural effusion. Pneumothorax is seen. Degenerative osseous structures. Pertussis caveman is seen.

What does all this mean?
Thank you. XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further tests required

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM.
This is definitely pathologic finding and further tests are required. Shortly, there is lung disorder probably caused by infection that caused water in lungs and air in thorax but outside the lungs. This pleural effuion is actually fluid and pneumothoray is air within chest. These may cause compression to lungs and lead to breathing difficulties. In this case, to find exact cause, a CT scan of the thorax must be done. Also, a small tube should be inserted into chest, to drain out this fluid and sample of it should be sent to analysis. WIsh you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T