What do my X-ray test results indicate?
and Senna and a product from, LifeExtension called FlorAssist (a probiotic liqluid gel cap, for about the last three weeks with some relie of pain and more normal stools. Because the laxative directions say not to use it every day I decided to consult my physician who had an ex-ray done that showed as she said "I was full of poop" then she ordered a hida-scan (?) that showed my gallbladder to be only functioning at 5% and therefore not really working and I should consider having my gallbladder removed. My question is taking my age in to consideration and in your opinion should I just leave it in and continue what I am doing? Thank you.
Supportive care only
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. As far as gall bladder surgery is concerned i am afraid age of 87 is not fit for this procedure and surgery related complications may worsen the outcome. So i would say supportive care is best in your case.
As far as constipation us concerned that too needs diet lifestyle modifications , use of laxatives and good bowel habits.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done dexa x-ray what do scores indicate
- What is the meaning of the x ray result
- What does these chest x ray result indicate
- Indications for chest x ray
- What are the findings of the x ray examination results
- Have had chest x-ray what does it indicate
- What could ruz opacities in x-ray indicate
- What does the findings of the x ray indicate
- Done chest x-ray what doe the report indicate
- What does the x ray of shoulders indicate