What do my TMT test results indicate?
Your heart function is good
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. The tread mill test or TMT tests your heart function in stress condition. Running the tread mill is a physical exercise which increases the heart rate due to stress and the ECG is checked for sign of ischemic and coronary heart disease.
2. The THR is targeted heart rate and is calculated using the formula THR is 220 minus age in years. If your age is 36 years then the THR is 220 - 36 = 184 per minute.
3. In your TMT the heart was functioning normal under stress when heart rate was 78 percent of 184 which is 143 per minute and the ECG did not show any sign of heart problem.
4. The words negative for ischemia at 78 percent of THR shows that your TMT report is normal and your heart function is good and in normal limits.
5. Therefore the risk of coronary heart disease is less in you at the moment.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Result of tmt test
- Results of tmt stress test
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- What is the use of tmt test
- Reading tmt test result
- What is the meaning of tmt test
- What does issues in tmt indicate
- What is tmt test is it necessary
- Tmt test result interpretation
- Rare indications of tmt test