What do my PFT test results indicate?
What I would like to know is when you read the results of a pft test, what indicators like Fvc and fev or rv etc do you look at to find air trapping or emphysema or asthma. What levels or percentages indicate trapping My current local pulmonologist does not find my records anything but unremarkable.
What would be a first indicator on a pft of the obstructions of air trapping, emphysema or asthma. I will wait your reply
First indicator is FEV25-75 %.
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic team.
I can understand your concern.
Asthma and bronchitis start with small airways.
So first indicator on PFT which is showing disease is FEV25-75 %.
Reduction in FEV25-75 %is the first thing you will notice on PFT. But it is not very reliable.
So reduction in FEV25-75 is not diagnostic of disease.
Next is reduction in FEV1 and FEV1 /FVC ratio.
These are the hallmark of obstructive airway pathology.
For differentiation between asthma and COPD, reversibility testing is done.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does these abnormal thyroid test results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- What does these urine test results indicate
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate