What do my LFT test results indicate?

Dr. Arnab Banerjee

Critical Care Specialist

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I took a LFT test today , my SGOT reading is 7( Method: UV with P- 5 -P) and SGPT is 1 (Method: UV with P- 5 -P) what does this mean ??
Answered by Dr. Arnab Banerjee 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
you need to get clinically examined and investigated thoroughly ..

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX, Welcome to HCM,

I've gone through your query and understand your concern..

Yes I've reviewed the reports,it's showing extremely lower range of SGPT/SGOT and GGT and first of all you need to repeat the LFT again preferably from a different laboratory..

If the SGOT/SGPT/GGT level shows again such lower range of values, then there's a need to check your Electrolytes level(specifically Magnesium) along with Vitamin B6 level as deficiency of them can also show up in the Liver function in this form..

I'd also advice you to visit a Gastroenterologist for a detailed physical evaluation to rule out any other relevant clinical findings at the earliest..

Let Me know how you stay in the due course..

Take Care
Kind Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee