What do my CT scan test results indicate?
The C.T. SCAN OF WHOLE ABDOMEN report shows following
• B/L kidneys normal in size with mildly lobulated margins (Lt. > Rt.).
• Right kidney shows few (3-4 in no.) calculi, largest of size 5.6 mm in upper calyx, mild pelvicalyceal dilatation also seen. A radio-opaque shadow of size 10 mm seen in right side of pelvis along distal ureter- Right renal calculi with distal ureteric calculus.
• Left kidney shows a calculus of size 21 mm in upper calyx (slightly extend to middle calyx), another small calculus of size 3.0 mm seen in lower calyx without hydronephrosis- Left renal non-obstructive calculi.
Could you please let me know how serious it's and can it be operated?
You need Endoscopic surgery to fragment stones on both sides
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have been detected to have Urinary stones on both sides .
I would summarize the modality of treatment as follow
On rt side you have stone of a size of 10 mm in distal ureter causing obstruction to flow of urine from kidney into bladder and formation of small secondary stones in kidney.This can be treated by an endoscopic procedure called Uretero renoscopy (URS) where stone is fragmented and extracted in situ and putting a stent in Rt renal unit which will help in passing small stones in kidney down spontaneously .
As regards treatment for stones in left kidney it is large and can be fragmented by a procedure called Per Cutaneous Nephro Lithotripsy (PCNL)
where stone is fragmented and fragments are removed by making a small puncture in the back .
Both these surgeries are non invasive and does not involve any risk and can be carried out in same sitting (Single).
You will need to get hospitalized for 3-4 dys .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Actual ct scan results
- What is a ct scan
- Abdomen ct scan results
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Ct scan of brain results
- What is the meaning of the ct scan result
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- Ct scan results cloudy