What do my CT scan test results indicate?
Recent CT scan showed a 3.3 x 2.9 cm subcapsular cyst in the left lateral lobe the liver segment 2. Liver is otherwise unremarkable as unenhanced exam.
Got this report for a kidney stone problem (stone has passed). What would be the possible complications concerning this cyst. All info greatly appreciated.
The cyst is probably harmless and requires follow up for 3 to 6 months
Thanks for writing in to us.
I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.
1. A cyst in the liver like the one that you have is a harmless fluid filled sac in the liver. It is usual to find cysts in people of your age and can be a finding due to advanced age.
2. The size of the cyst is 3.3 x 2.9 cm is not a serious problem. Any cyst of this size will not cause any complications. However ut is suggested that you get an ultrasound scan done after 3 to 6 months to know any increase in size or change in nature of cyst.
3. In conclusion the liver cyst is a benign harmless finding with no immediate risk to your health. It is recommended that you do an ultrasound scan after 3 to 6 months and most likely the cyst will stsy unchanged. It has nothing to do with the kidney stone which has passed out.
Hope your query is answered.
Please do write back if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Actual ct scan results
- What is a ct scan
- Abdomen ct scan results
- What does my ct scan indicate
- Ct scan of brain results
- What is the meaning of the ct scan result
- What does these ct scan results indicate
- What does these ct scan report indicate
- What does these ct scan of brain indicate
- Ct scan results cloudy