Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

What do my BP readings indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6185 Questions
I have hypertension , once in a while it is so high , 179/110, 199/110. .. I heard that chiropractor can help adjusting the spine to keep BP stay at normal number , better than pressure medication.what cause the misalignment of the spine ? I got an auto accident in 2/2017 , someone rear ended my car.
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You urgently need to start taking drugs!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

There is nothing a chiropractor can do with values this high. They might be able to handle lower values. Your numbers are high and worrisome and I will recommend that you seek immediate medical care at this time. Failure to do so might result in accidents such as heart attack, stroke among others.

Your medications must be adjusted: Changing dosages or changing the type altogether. You should see a cardiologist as well.

In all, chiropractors wouldn’t be of much help with very high numbers like these. However, you need urgent evaluation and care.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor