• question-icon

What do my BP readings indicate?

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My 55 year old wife BP is 140/40. Please suggest what are the precautionary measures to be taken. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Few things you should take care

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that few things you need to do

1. First of all check your Bp apparatus if it is working fine or not if you have checked the bp at home.

2. You need to get one ECG done for her.

3. Also an Echocardiography is required to look for the LV function and also to check if there is any valve leakage because her pulse pressure is wide.

4. Also if she is taking any antihypertensive medicine then the dose of the medicine needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Kindly see for all these things. I hope this information will be helpful. If you have any more doubts you can ask me back.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist