What do my BP readings indicate?
It's been 2 hours and it's now at 140/60..
Shed some light on this please
I'm 30 year old male in very good shape, eat well, drink occasionally, smoke sometimes
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.
What you are experiencing seems to be related to hypertensive crisis which is associated with high BP, dizziness and shaking (convulsive crisis).
If you were my patient I would recommend to do the following examinations:
- Blood work
- Cardiac echo
- Holter monitoring
Meanwhile, you should start taking antihypertensive medication such as Captopril , Bystolic and Amlodipine to stabilise your BP. Also you should drink chamomile to relieve symptoms.
Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What if your bp reading were 11272
- Going off atenolol what to expect with bp readings
- Suffering with diabetes what do my bp readings indicate
- What would a dangerous bp reading be in women
- What does 180 bp level indicate
- What does level 11260 indicate for high bp
- Is this bp good and what does it indicate
- What does bp spike indicate
- Does a diastolic reading of 67 indicate low bp
- What is a 12778 bp reading
- Had amputated percussion breaks in spine. Dealing with chronic pain....
- Took valtrex and vitimans B complex for shingles. Pain in temple,...
- Why is the heart beating rapidly only at night?
- Have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness and elevated blood pressure. On BP...
- Experiencing dizziness. Blood pressure 143/80. Do not get enough sleep....
- Should I be worried about a pulse reading of 103?
- Taking metformin. Getting swollen lymph nodes. Suggest medication?
- History of heart attack. Having ventricular premature beat. Will I get...
- Diagnosed with gastritis and hernia. No improvement with prevacid. What...
- Feel like blood is not circulating in legs. Which specialist should I see?