What do multiple spots on the genitals indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 13 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I am 37 year old male. I have to spots on my gentiles that have been there almost a year trying to find out what it would be without the embarrassing doctor visit. They don't hurt or bother me unless I pick at them. Been married for six years and not been with any other woman for about 9 years. What could this be
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could you upload an image of these spots for review?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for contacting us at healthcare magic.

I am so sorry to hear about these spots that you have reported. I understand how disturbing such spots could be on the penis. With such spots, seeing and reviewing is very important in making the right calls. This helps us avoid generic responses which may not exactly apply in your case. For this reason, I suggest that you upload an image to us for review. This way, I can send a personalized and helpful response to you. However, possible causes of such spots could be penile papules or to a lesser extent genital wart.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
They dont hurt unless i pick at them. Would really like them gone. Had for about 8 months and there is only these two places side by side
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
This looks as infected hair follicles!

Detailed Answer:
HI an thanks for uploading the image for review.

I have reviewed it and this looks very much like an infection of the hair follicles. I think your repeated picking on it has hampered any complete healing and has made it more of a recurrent issue.

My suggestion is that you stop picking on it often. If it persists unto when you have a scheduled appointment for something else, I will suggest that you report to the doctor and get it checked out.

Let me know if this works out for you. If there is something more you would have loved me to touch on, do not hesitate to bring it up for discussion.

Kind regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad