What do mitral valve calcification and grade 1 MR in an Echo report indicate?
Please find attached 2D Echo with respect to your earlier opinion. Have attached your previosu suggestion also. Kindly advice further.
Echo is having some minor abnormalities
Echo is fine with some minor abnormalities like mitral valve calcification and grade 1 MR and some others. These are age-related changes and needs no active treatment.
Now, going through the previous discussion, it appears that he has atrial fibrillation as well.
So such patients need blood thinners to prevent the formation of blood clot in heart and subsequent stroke. So we usually start Tab Acitrom 1 mg once a day at 6 pm.
Patients on this medicine need to get INR test done repeatedly to look for the level of blood thinning. As it is a blood thinner, it can increase the risk of bleeding.
Patient on this, should not consume green leafy vegetables in excess amount but should have it mild to mod quantity and daily in equal quantities to prevent fluctuations in blood thinning.
So you get this prescribed from a local doctor and get INR test done after one week.
Also, let me know whether he is having any hypertension, diabetes, history of stroke minor or major in the past or any other disease.
This is to know his risk of stroke and how badly he needs anticoagulation.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Sagar Makode, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What happens with mitral valve not working
- What aggravates mitral valve prolapse
- Ekg report mitral valve prolapse
- What are the consequences of mitral valve prolapse
- What are the symptoms of mitral valve prolapse?
- What aggravates mitral valve prolapse symptoms?
- What to with 84 year old with leaking mitral valve
- 2d echo sample report for mitral valve transplant
- What do you suggest for mitral valve prolapse
- What happens when the mitral valve stops working