What do lymphocyte levels of 6.0 indicate?
Normal ESR means no inflammation present.
No, you should not be worried about the lymphocyte count if the other results are normal.
Lymphocytes are one type of white blood cell and they are not interpreted on their own but are usually interpreted along with the white cell count.
An increase in lymphocytes can sometimes occur in viral infections though again, the total white cell should increase as well.
ESR- is a non specific inflammatory marker- this means that it goes up with any inflammation in the body.
Infection, allergies, trauma, autoimmune disease like lupus or RA, cancer.
An ESR of 2 is normal.
This means that there was absolutely no significant inflammation going on at the time of the test.
If an infection or autoimmune disease or cancer or trauma or significant allergic response was present--- then the ESR would be higher.
There is no need to worry at this point
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
So what does it mean when I have mild lymphocytosis and everything else is normal? - is it a forerunner or some malignancies? or it just could be my norm?
No cancer present, normal ESR.
This can occur in slight infection (viral), with other results normal, the finding is not significant
The normal ESR mean that no cancer is present.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Michelle Gibson James, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the meaning of having lymphocytes at 066 level
- What does low rbc and high lymphocytes indicate
- What does lymphocytes count 438 indicate
- What is the treatment for dropping lymphocytes level
- Low lymphocyte levels in pregnancy
- What do high lymphocyte monocyte levels indicate
- Ana levels and lymphocytic thyroiditis
- What do reactive lymphocytes indicate in blood report
- Low level of lymphocytes
- Low lymphocytes indicates
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?