question-icon

What Do Low BP, Fatigue And Excessive Sweating Indicate?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: I am having episodes of blood pressure drops, creating weakness all over and heavy sweating. I have CAD (angina). Almost considered ER this afternoon, I had to have assistance getting to my car. Better when I sit down. Happens periodically. I am on multiple medications, including lisinopril (10 mg) and amlodipiine besylate (10 mg). I see my heart doctor every six months. So far, nothing other than review. I am 70 years old. Suggestions???
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Needs proper evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that your symptoms are very typical of coronary artery disease.

Considering your age it's advisable that you should consult your cardiologist and discuss with him regarding the possibility of conducting an angiography to know the status of your coronaries and there after to decide treatment plan accordingly.

Also I would like to suggest you to get an Echocardiography done to see how good your heart in functioning.

I hope this information will be helpful and will guide you properly.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist