What do lightheadedness and vertigo after recovering from a cold indicate?
Pressure equalization in the middle ear
It looks like you the mucus and tiny droplets because of oedema had extended to the eustachian tube.
This tube actually helps equalization of pressure between the external ear and inside.
If this tube is blocked because of oedema it does not correctly equalize the pressure with the external environment.
So you tend to feel dizzy and light headed. Chewing gum constantly helps to equalize the pressure.
However, balancing is uncommon with this eustachian tube block which needs a separate examination.
So my take is this cold had exposed some hidden problem within you. It is better to get this tested.
If I were your doctor I still suggest continuing taking Tablet Claritin which helps to absorb and get quicker.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Suma Parinam, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause lightheadedness dizziness cold hands and nausea feeling
- Lightheadedness cold sweats nausea
- Cold weather and vertigo
- Cold sweat and lightheadedness
- Migraine cold hands nausea lightheadedness
- Dizzy vertigo cold hands
- Vertigo cold hands shaking
- Lightheadedness cold shaking tired treatment
- Vertigo and cold hands
- Dizziness lightheadedness and vertigo
- Suggest treatment for hernia and tingling senstion
- What causes excessive sweating?
- What causes dark color bleeding after taking unwanted 72?
- Is pachkarma treatment effective in treatment of DVT?
- Does nicotine cause chest pain?
- What causes tremors in hands and dizziness despite having high BP?
- What causes white coating on tongue?
- What causes black specks in stool?
- What does a black spot on palm indicate?
- What causes difficulty walking after having Bactrim DS?