What do less excrements after taking enemas indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: for the Past two days I have had to have an enema. Both days I have had only a few hard pieces of excrement.
I don't eat a lot of food during the day, what would cause this? yet I feel I still have the urge to deficate.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will suggest you drink much water, increase fibers and fruits intake!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I will suggest that you stop any further enemas. The fact that nothing much comes out is suggestive of the fact that there is nothing in the rectum and certainly in line with the fact that you don't eat much. At times, this could be related to an infection or a transient digestive upset. This is why i suggest that you visit your diet and probably adjust accordingly as recommended above.

Let me know how this plays out. I hope you find it helpful. feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.