question-icon

What Do Leg Weakness And Fatigue Indicate Despite Physical Therapy?

Posted on Mon, 16 Oct 2017
Question: what can be causes for extreme leg weakness and fatique

In the past year I have gone through two sessions of physical therapy which has not been successful. I do have lower back when stand for about 20 minutes, making normal household chores very difficult. I am a widow and live alone.
Answered by Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Spinal cord stenosis to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Besides diabetes and low thyroid gland function that may cause such general weakness, in my opinion, spinal cord stenosis probably at the lumbar spine should be considered and evaluated further.

Spinal stenosis may be caused by degenerative changes, herniated disc disease, etc.

It is necessary to get evaluated clinically by your doctor and by imaging studies such spinal cord MRI in order to get a correct diagnosis.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical