What do itchy bumps on the shoulders indicate?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 5 Sep 2018 in General Health
Question: hi. I have tiny itchy bumps on shoulders and back. am 71 years old
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Upload an image for review.

Detailed Answer:

I am so sorry to hear about this itchy bumps on your shoulder. To be of most help, I will need to obtain and review an image of this rash. I recommend that you upload one for me.

This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response for you. Most common cause of itchy bump is an allergy. I will be able to further confirm this after reviewing your image(s).

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 11 minutes later
No one here to take picture. Also very hard to see. Can you recommend an OTC crème?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Low dose cortisone cream.

Detailed Answer:

Get a low dose cortisone cream/betamethasone cream and apply to this area twice daily. It will relieve the itching and help clear the rash.

If the area is extensive, I recommend Beanery twice daily. This can cause dizziness and increase your fall risk, I will only recommend if the cream isn’t practical in your case.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Chobufo Ditah