What do inflammation near the rectum with the discharge of blood and abdominal cramps indicate?
Are there any foods for him I should avoid?
How can I help him ?
Based on the description it seems that your grandson has developed an episode of dysentery.
Such a thing occurs due to infection with certain aggressive bacteria. Treatment with antibiotics should take care of the infection.
Spicy food needs to be avoided but other than that there are no specific food restrictions.
You need not worry about ulcerative colitis since it is very unlikely in children of this age.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Diptanshu Das, Pediatrician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lower abdominal cramping what does this indicate
- Reddish brown discharge and abdominal cramping
- What causes mild abdominal cramps with brown discharge
- Abdominal cramps blood mucus pregnant
- Lower abdominal cramps milky discharge
- Abdominal cramps and brown discharge
- Lower abdominal cramps and blood in stool
- Pregnancy abdominal cramps near the navel
- What do abdominal cramps indicate
- Abdominal cramping with bownish discharge
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever