What do high levels of TSH indicate despite being on Levothyroxine?
About your concern;
First, you must be sure that the treatment is taken correctly (fasting in the morning and for one hour not to eat or drink anything).
Secondly, depending on the actual TSH level the dose of levothyroxine should be increased with 25 mcg.
But at your age, before increasing the dose, the physician should exclude a coronary artery disease.
The normal TSH range for your age is up to 6.5.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Mirjeta Guni
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Found high tsh and sgot level what are the risks
- What causes high tsh levels precautions
- What does a high tsh level mean
- What causes high tsh level
- What causes high tsh level of 130
- What causes high tsh levels in body
- What should be ideal levothyroxine limit when tsh is 512
- On levothyroxine tsh level abnormal what about the ivf solution
- My tsh is 129 and i am taking levothyroxine
- Levothyroxine and tsh levels