What do high bilirubin levels when diagnosed with Gilbert's syndrome indicate?
I am very concerned about acute liver failure due to the 150% increase in Epilim that the neurologists are prescribing. I had CAT scan. MRI, Brain wave scan and spinal tap tests and all came clear.
Please follow. .
Hi and thank you for asking on HCM.
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows :
1.You are reporting that you have XXXXXXX syndrome. It is a bening conditions not harmful for liver.
2. with regards to liver damage due to medication I can say that :
- you have the same risk as other peoples to develop liver issues after medication usage.
- Epilim has side effects like elevated liver ensymes but liver failure is too rare complication.
- Otherwise Gibert syndrome doesn't affect liver and doesn't increase the risk for liver failure.
3. To my opinion since you are increasing the dosage of Epilim than I would suggest to use silimarine to protect your liver.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Please follow. .
Let me explain again:
I agree with you that valproat may cause liver enzyme elevation and liver failure but it is not related with XXXXXXX syndrome. It is related with side effects of valproat and is associated with elevated liver enzymes .
It means that valproat use can cause damage of liver cells and as a result high transaminases level and high bilirubin level.
On the other hand Giberts syndrome dosen't damage liver cells.
It is a deffect of receptors in liver cell. It means that liver receptors dosen't bind all the amount of bilirubin produced by blood.
As a result a part of bilirunin is free and may be elevated in blood.
But this condition dosen't damage liver cells and doesn't increase the risk for liver damage due to medications.
Hope I was clear!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Yellowish eyes blood test shows high bilirubin levels gilbert syndrome
- Have high bilirubin level what is wrong
- What is a high bilirubin level
- High bilirubin levels and thirst
- What hereditary diseases cause high bilirubin levels
- What is the reason for having high bilirubin levels
- What does high bilirubin level in an infant indicate
- What is high bilirubin levels in adults
- Costochondritis and high bilirubin level
- What is considered high bilirubin levels
- Have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome due to mild lupus. Have...
- Had sinus infection and prescribed with amox clav. Recommended to have...
- Using anti wrinkle cream with Retinol. Lips peeling and crackling....
- What causes feeling of foul taste coming from stomach when i burp?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and vomiting post hip surgery
- Is it normal to have spillage from fistulectomy wound?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain
- What causes dark stools and itchy anus?
- What causes burning in the upper part of throat?
- What does elevated CA level indicate?