What do heaviness and lump in testicles after lifting weight suggest?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: dear sir,
some 4 months ago i lifted 30 kg gas cylinder.a few days later i founf heaviness in my scrotum.the fluid vanished after 5-6 days.but there is a lump on my right testicle.what is the cure?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer.....consult a surgeon as it looks like hernial sac
Detailed answer...
I have read your query and understand your concern.
The lump you are describing seems to an inguinal hernia.Lifting of weight can result in descending of part of fat or intestines to scrotum through the inguinal ring giving rise to a feeling of lump in scrotum.
Consult a surgeon,get examined and get an ultrasound scrotum done to arrive at the diagnosis.
Treatment of inguinal hernia is surgery only.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
sir,
but i have a lump on right testicle not in the scrotum .sometimes it shrinks/softens and sometimes it gets hardened.can you suggest some medications.i do not suffer any other complications.further please tell me what complications can come up in the future.will surgery affect my reproductive power?
i have a doubt is it cancer?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
There is no point in living in fear un necessarily.
You must visit a surgeon and get yourself examined along with the necessary ultrsound of testis.
Unless and until we are able to find the cause,medications can not be given.
Treatment and medications would depend upon the cause found.
Besides hernia,There are various other reasons for lump in testis.
Surgery won't lead to any complication in future.
There won't be any loss of any reproductive power.
Thanks

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta