What do gravelly sensations under the rib cage indicate while breathing?
The possibility of musculoskeletal discomfort is more likely.
By your history and description, the possibility of musculoskeletal discomfort is more likely.
So better to avoid sudden jerky movements of chest and back.
Sit with proper back support.
Avoid heavyweight lifting and strenuous exercise. Apply warm water pad on affected areas of the chest.
Don't worry, you will be alright with all these.
If still not improving then consult a doctor and get done ECG and 2d echo to rule out heart diseases.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Squeezing sensation under rib cage right side
- Pain under right rib cage when breathing
- What causes breathing problems and pain under my rib cage
- Fluttering sensation under my left rib cage
- Weird fluttery sensation under left rib cage
- Fluttering sensation under right rib cage
- Weird sensation under left rib cage
- Sensation under rib cage butterflies
- Pain under the rib cage shortness of breath reason
- What is the treatment for fluttering sensation under rib cage
- How can severe COPD be handled when it has worsened after quitting smoking?
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?