What do frequent bowel movements, fever and blood in stool indicate?
Further evaluation needed...
I've gone through your query and understand your concerns for your wife.
First of all, since it's already been 4 days, and still ongoing 7 to 10 bowel movements, she needs to be taken to a Physician or any healthcare facility nearby for a prompt check-up and a few relevant investigations (CBC, electrolytes, stool routine microscopy with hanging drop as well as culture and sensitivity examination).
Along with this, she needs to start taking plenty of ORS to compensate the fluid and electrolyte loss. You can get WHO-ORS XXXXXXX mix one XXXXXXX in 1ltr of mineral water and drink it over an hour at first, then repeat the same process but drink over another 3 hours, followed by another XXXXXXX and gradually drink over the next 6 hrs...you may need to continue taking ORS for up to 2-3 days (based on the severity of loose motions)...
Let her drink only mineral water. Have ORS and mineral water in an alternate fashion (try to drink as much as possible initially, followed by around 3.5 ltr per day) maintain strict hand hygiene (with antibacterial hand wash) before and after using wash-rooms... Have simple homemade foods, avoid any outside foods and milk products (apart from curd/yogurt, which is safe to consume) for the time being...
Although little, the blood in the stool should not be ignored as it indicates entric-infection. Further investigations as well as treatment (antibiotics should also be initiated, but only after examining her).
So, as you see, this definitely needs treatment as well as further investigations without any further delay. Nothing to worry, as with timely treatment, recovery is quite quick also. Additionally, she may continue the Sporolac for a few more days as already taking.
I've tried to make it as simple as possible for you to understand, please let me know if I can assist you further...
Dr. Arnab Banerjee, Critical Care Specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent bowel movements cramping and low grade fever
- High blood sugar and frequent bowel movement
- Frequent bowel movement gastric stomach ache blood in stool treatment
- What can be frequent bowel movement in child
- Loose stools frequent bowel movements cure
- Child with frequent bowel movement and fever anything serious
- Loose stool frequent bowel movements
- What causes frequent bowel movements in infants
- What causes sticky stools and frequent bowel movements
- Soft stools frequent bowel movements reason
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?