Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

What do fever, sinus drainage, coughs and body aches indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 15317 Questions
so I'm running a fever, have sinus drainage, coughs, and body aches, with chills and sweating.
Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
paracetamol, decongestant, antihistamine, cough suppressant, rest

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you may have the flu. This would present similarly to the cold but would be more severe with symptoms such as aches, fever and chills.

Treatment would involve--(1)rest,
(2) paracetamol (tylenol) or ibuprofen to help with the fever and pain
(3)antihistamine, decongestant, cough suppressant. These may come in many over the counter medications, alone or in combination.
The antihistamine/decongestant would help with the sinus drainage.

There are different options

Tylenol cold and flu contains tylenol, a decongestant and a cough suppressant.

An antihistamine can be added to this eg claritine, zyrtec, allegra, benadryl

Advil cold and flu has advil and a decongestant. Robitussin ( cough suppressant) and an antihistamine, would need to be added.

These are some examples but there are other options.

In general symptoms tend to last 7 to 10 days, if they become very severe, then you should be seen by your doctor.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What do fever, sinus drainage, coughs and body aches indicate? 1 minute later
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
no problem

Detailed Answer:
No problem

If there are any other queries , can let me know
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor