What do fatigue, weakness, breathlessness and pain in the legs indicate after periods?

Question
Hi I am feeling very sick every month after my period. I feel weak,low energy,loss of appetite, shortness of breath, pain in my legs.I have this symptoms for couple of days and usually it takes two weeks for me to feel little bit normal. This is going on for last 4 months. I did my blood work and everything came back normal. I don't know what to do because this is affecting my life on a daily basis.
Thu, 26 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible depression due to hormonal changes around period.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using HealthcareMagic to post your health query.
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

The symptoms you are describing seem like symptoms of depression most probably caused by the hormonal changes from your period.

I would suggest talking with the doctor who has prescribed Citalopram and to see if you need an increase of the dose, or if you need to start another medicine.

The fact that your labs do not show anemia (which is another possible diagnose) then makes it more possible to be depression connected with the period.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako