What do electric shock type shooting pain in arms suggest?
Ulnar tunnel syndrome.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Yours is the case of ulnar tunnel syndrome, or ulnar nerve compressed at its path in elbow.
Diagnosis is confirmed by clinical findings and EMG ( nerve conduction study ).
Treatment is surgical decomprression done under local anesthesia.
It is a simple surgical procedure and generally there is no need to stay in hospital more than a couple of hours.
You need to discuss with a Neurosurgeon about diagnosis and treatment of your concerns.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Electrical shock pains in arm and head
- Electric shock pain in arm
- Minor electric shock pain up arm
- Sharp electric shock type pain
- Is pain in arm common after electrical shock
- Arm pain after electrical shock
- Suggest treatment for arm pain and electrical shock in thumb
- Electric shock type pain in shoulder down arm
- Pain in back and electric shock feeling in left arm
- Electric shock pain upper inner left arm