What do dry mouth, tingling in the neck with intermittent tachycardia indicate?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have symptoms which start with very dry mouth and tongue. Then progress to feeling and hearing my heart pounding in my ears. Then I feel back of my neck tingle and heart starts beating faster. I then feel my lower abdomen have feeling of needing to have bowel movement. I go to bathroom and experience continued rapid heart beatings , then have bowel movement, diarrhea like. Then pulse slows, but I can still feel heart pounding. This goes on for 3 to six hours, with 3 to 6 episodes. I have talked with my doctor, been sent to ER when pulse up to 140 beats per min., undergone test for heart attack, and other cardiac monitoring. All test say I am fine! This problem went on for over a year, so I started considering my meds. I noticed when I took baclofen this problem happened more frequently. So, I stopped the baclofen and all these symptoms stopped. But last night they returned, after not happening for over a year since I stopped baclofen. Any thoughts much appreciated.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is clear indication in favor of anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all as you I like to inform you that plethora of symptoms experienced by you were anxiety symptoms probably provoked by use of baclofen. Although most of such side effects go away with discontinuation of medication but occurrence of these problems make vulnerable for further episodes even in absence of precipitating factors. In addition there are life style factors (stress) which bring about the anxiety attacks.

Since I am not aware whether you experienced any stressor recently or not, there is possible that predisposition caused by baclofen acted in favor of precipitation of similar symptoms.

I hope this answers you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more symptoms.
Thanks and regards.