What do darkening of facial skin indicate?
Need close up pictures to find the cause
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Darkening of the facial skin could most commonly be due to tanning or melasma .Both these are essentially treatable skin conditions .
I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
Please click some close up pictures of the affected area and upload them here on this page.
Also please tell if you are currently applying any medicines over face .
I am sure I will be able to help you better once you provide me the pictures along with the above details.
Dr Geetika Paul
Skin pigmentation due to tanning
I have seen the attached pictures .
You seem to have developed pigmentation over face due to tanning .
You should use a medicated sunscreen with spf more than 26 regularly before going out in the sun .Apply it atleast thirty minutes before going out and re apply every three hourly .
Apply a topical skin lightening agent like kojic acid cream over the affected areas twice daily .
Take oral vitamin c supplements daily .
Eat lots of fresh fruits and salads .
Include more of citrus fruits in your diet .
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes darkened skin with low bp and severe itching
- Darkening of facial skin what could be the the cause
- What is darkened itchy skin
- What does a mole on skin indicate
- What causes skin darkening on penis head
- What is the remedy for the pigmentation of facial skin
- Skin darkening
- What does facial flushing followed by flaking indicate
- Acid reflux and and facial skin darkening
- What medication darkens skin