What do dark pigmentation on the back suggest?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Thu, 16 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Looking in my mirror at my upper back I was taken aback by what appeared to be black marks. I peeled one off, and it left a pucked mark. Any idea what these are?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A photo and following information required

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Can you please send a photo of the black spots on upper back? I need to see my self their structure and appearance.

Do they hurt? itch? bleeding? or any unusual symptoms?

What have you used so far?

Any personal history of chronic illness? recent trauma?

Looking forward to have the requested photo in.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 13 hours later
Dr. Unable to fed photo. Nothing has happened to cause the concerns. So please offer your opinion. Thanks Larry.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hyperpigmentation/acne or moles....

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Black marks are due to hyperpigmentation/ acne or moles. A close physical examination is needed to check it out.

Try not to get them peeled or trauma to prevent more serious conditions.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Follow up: Dr. Albana Sejdini 35 minutes later
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You're most welcome...

Detailed Answer:
If no more questions please close this discussion. Don't forget to rate my answer if satisfied.

All the best.
Dr.Albana
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee