Owl Image

What do confusion, delirium, hallucinations and forgetfulness indicate?

Endocrinologist
Question
all of a sudden everything looks like it's not real like I'm in a dream and then I get really confused and forget where I'm at and then I black out what in the world could cause this all I have wrong with me is Hashimoto's I had a MRI about 3 or 4 weeks ago which came back normal and also a CAT scan on my head

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check TSH level;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
Your concern sounds really interesting!
There is a good news that MRI and CT scan of the head is normal, the most probable cause would be organic pathologies of the brain.
At this point i would suggest to get a bit released.
Hashimoto thyroiditis would very rarely cause it, if TSH would be very high and left untreated.
Once it is within the normal ranges under levothyroxine treatment, it is excluded as a cause.
If all the blood tests and physical examination has resulted normal, your treating physician would recommend a psychologist or psychiatrist consultation for pathologies associated with dissociation from reality.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta