• question-icon

What do closed cervix and presence of fluid in the endometrial cavity indicate?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: what are some other causes for closed cervix and fluid in the endometrium cavity other than pregnancy and can these things affect younger women?? i am only 34
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend that you upload the entire report for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

Your question is not exhaustive and there are elements of this report that are needed to provide a personalized and helpful response to you. I strongly recommend that you upload the ultrasound/imaging report to me for independent review and insights. Without these, am afraid your response would be too generic and maybe not very helpful.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting....
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
i hope this helps
Brief Answer:
It does helps!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this report.

This sounds more of an incidental finding. There is no other abnormal finding and the fluid is nothing but a trace. I will suggest that unless there are other symptoms, this ultrasound should be controlled in 4weeks.

Possible causes of fluid in the uterus is an infection, pregnancy, cysts, etc. However, without other symptoms, this is very unlikely.

If I may ask, what prompted this ultrasound to be done? What are your symptoms?

I hope to hear from you and promise to continue exploring the various options and possibilities.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 45 minutes later
symptoms are as follows... cramping but it feels different than menstrual cramping.. its more of a discomfort that doesnt go away.. i have painful periods and this pain is not like that... began bleeding during sex and it continued the next day.. very light and then it was replaced with brown diacharge that only lasted a day.. the bleeding occured 2 weeks away from my normal date to begin my period.. i am due the 28 and am having no signs of my period starting.. i have been nauseas for about a week.. lack of appetite.. pretty typical symptoms u would expect to see during early pregnancy.. i have three other children but never had morning sickness with them but i know that it can be different pregnancies so the symptoms are not always the same.. and the only other symptom i am experiencing is extreme hormones and moodiness.. thank u for helping me in this matter
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
I will say wait expectantly for your periods!

Detailed Answer:

If you had sex exactly 14days away from your periods, that sounds like you were in the fertile window and might raise the possibility of pregnancy if it were unprotected intercourse.

I will say, be calm and relaxed. If your periods fail to show up, I will suggest that you run a rapid home pregnancy test. Communicate results to me and we will make further decisions based on that.

I wish you well. I await your updates.....Waiting...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 36 hours later
i took an at home pregnancy test this morning and the line was very faint, but clearly visible..
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
You might be pregnant then!

Detailed Answer:

With even a positive test, this means you are likely to be pregnant. The ultrasound must have been too early to pick up this. I will suggest you follow up with a hospital blood test.

I wish you well and await your updates.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah