• question-icon

What do circular dry patches on the thighs indicate?

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, I am XXXXX 25 year old.
I observed some white circular dry patches from 2-3 weeks on my left and right thigh and it is spreading around gradually. It has tremendous etching also. I am using Clinic GM antifungal medicine but does seems much of improvement . Can you suggest some good medicine?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ringworm infection, topical and oral antifungals

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and you seem to be having ringworm infection which is fungal infection.
Stop using clobif GM cream as it contains a steroid and won't let the infection cure.
Infact it will cause worsening of fungal infection.
You should take oral and plain topical antifungals.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you take capsule itraconazole 200 mg once daily and apply terbinafine cream on the affected areas twice daily. Itraconazole can have side effects, so kindly get it prescribed from a doctor after confirming diagnosis.
For itching you can take antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist