What do chest discomfort and breathlessness indicate as per the attached image?
Yesterday my wife was having chest disconfort and difficulty in breathing which went away aftet sometime. This happened soon after she returned from a court case regarding disputed land among the family.
Later i took her to a internal medicind Doctor who were available at the local hospital. I requested for ECG snd cardio profile. But he suggested do ECG and if tequired will do Cardiac profile.
After viewing the ECG he concluded it was normal.
I am sending the photo if the ECG to you as you are a heart specialist just to verify the ECG.
My opinion as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
I passed carefully through your concern and would like to explain that all three uploaded ECG strips have normal repolarization patterns.
No presence of cardiac ischemia signs could be found.
Only a right deviation of the QRS axis in the horizontal plane could be seen (possibly explained by a chronic pulmonary disorder, or chest structure variant).
Nevertheless, resting ECG is not a 100% sensitive test and sometimes it doesn't reveal ischemic changes in certain individuals.
Coming to this point if the chest pain is highly suspicious of cardiac ischemia (considering its characteristics: compressing, squeezing, burning pain in the middle chest potentially irradiating to the neck, lower jaw or the arms, which is not modulated by palpation, respiration of body movements, increasing with physical exertion, etc), especially when coronary risk factors are present (like hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia, close smoking contact, and heredity for premature coronary disease), then a full cardiology review should be done, including:
- cardiac enzymes (CK - MB, Troponin),
- cardiac ultrasound,
- chest X ray study,
- complete blood count,
- thyroid hormones level,
- liver and renal function tests,
- fasting blood glucose,
- blood lipid profile,
- uric acid
Only after excluding all the above mentioned alternatives anxiety disorders (a panic attack) could be blamed for her recent clinical symptomatology.
You have to discuss with her attending physician on the above mentioned issues.
Hope to have been helpful to you!
In case of any further questions, feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach and chest discomfort and tingling
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- Breathlessness chest discomfort after drinking rum what is going on
- Left chest discomfort itch
- Laryngitis chest discomfort
- What does chest discomfort mean
- Slight chest discomfort
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- What causes dyspnea heaviness in her chest and some chest discomfort
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?