What do burning in the chest and shoulder pain despite normal ECG and stress test reports indicate?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Jul 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello this question is for dr sharka I hope u are well I was wondering for your opinion I am 45 and we have spoke in the past I wanted your opinion I have had like a slight burning in my chest but I have been having issue with my stomach I am currently having worked out and I also ate spicy chips which I don’t usually eat chips I have taken a tums it has helped a bit I also have costing ache and pain and my shoulder hurts so all in all not a good day for me
I have had ecg and stress test done in December with a cardiologist and he said it was good any suggestions no shortness of breath or any of that I do have tendinitis in shoulder and upper arm as well I suffer from fybro and Costco
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

Welcome back on HCM!

Regarding your concern, you should know that all these issues (chostochondritis, acid reflux or gastritis, fibromyalgia, muscle or joint pain) are all related to each other and indicative that you are a sensitive person.

Muscle and joint pain are common features of fibromyalgia and they are triggered by psychological stress. From the other hand, chronic pain leads to an increased psychological stress, which may exacerbate acid reflux or gastritis. Painkillers can also worsen reflux or gastritis.

But, you should not worry about your heart as your symptoms are not typical of any cardiac disorders and all your cardiac performed tests result normal.

So, there is nothing to worry about.

There is no need to perform any additional cardiac tests.

I would just recommend trying to avoid spicy food and take an antiacid.

I would also recommend checking periodically inflammation tests ( complete blood count, PCR, ESR).

Regarding fibromyalgia, I would recommend discussing with a specialist of the field on the possibility of starting duloxetine, which is an effective drug for this disorder.

Aerobics and Yoga can help improve your situation too.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

I remain at your disposal for any further questions!

Wishing a nice weekend,

Dr.Iliri