What do bumpy masses on the side of the face indicate?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Patient is female and aged 36 and has developed these small bumpy masses on the side face , there is no complaint pertaining to this besides a cosmetic angle , would like to know what are these and what is the cure. Photo of same is attached
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Either molluscum contagiosum or warts. Treatment is electrosurgical removal

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

I can see a few, variably sized raised bumps on neck. They seem like they are either lesions of molluscum contagiosum or warts on face. More likely they seem like warts. Both these are viral infections. I request you to kindly upload a few more better quality close up images in better lighting so that I am able to guide you better regarding the exact diagnosis. Treatment for both molluscum and warts would be similar i.e either electosurgical removal or carbon dioxide laser ablation.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana