What do bumps on labia indicate?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am 63, in the past month, I have noticed what looks like bumps on my labia, what could it be, there 6 of them.
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could you please provide us with a picture image?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these bumps. There are several and different possible causes of bumps on the vagina. Some are concerning and others not. Seeing these bumps is very important to narrow down the list of possible causes. Otherwise, I would just cite possible causes and this will not be a personalized answer.

Please, endeavor to send an image for inspection and more insights. Should you have any difficulties doing so, please contact the customer service for assistance.

I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing and communicating more with you on this. Together we would identify the cause and propose solutions to this.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah 19 minutes later
Could they be warts, I haven't changed partners
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for following up with me.

They could be warts but I cannot say they are warts unless I see the images and conclude that is the cause. Please, are you having difficulties getting the image uploaded? Talk to the customer service for assistance.

Not changing partners is good but warts can develop several years after contracting HPV.

I wish you well.