What do bumps in the genitals after oral sex indicate?

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi i have always used a condom while having sexual intercourse, but i did receive oral 4 months ago. I dont think I have an std but there are these few pimple like bumps that formed a few days after shaving 2 weeks ago and they havent gone away. I dont think they look like warts and they have no fluid coming out of them. they dont itch or hurt unless i mess with them and they turn a little red from the irritation. they are at the base of the shaft
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either molluscum contagiosum or ingrown hair, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
According to your complaints they could be Molluscum contagiosum which is a sexually transmitted viral infection or ingrown hair.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
I uploaded a picture buts it is hard to see. They are not very big and like i said they dont hurt or feel rough like a wart usually does. what at home treatment can i use to get rid of it fast. I have had it about 2 and a half weeks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like ingrown hair, apply topical antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed the attached photograph and it is looking like ingrown hair.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical antibiotic like neosporin ointment or mupirocin cream on the affected areas twice daily for 10-14 days.
There is no home remedy available to resolve them.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 9 minutes later
Alright thank you very much!! I am now not worried
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome!!

Detailed Answer:
Welcome!!
All the best!!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana