question-icon

What do breathlessness and bleeding during bowel movements indicate?

Posted on Wed, 31 Oct 2018
Question: I have shortness of breath and feeling faint. Had to bowel movements that were nothing but
dark blood
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (32 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Need to visit an ER

Detailed Answer:

After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern and would like to tell you that the symptoms which you are experiencing require some detailed evaluation in the form of some blood tests and some scans.

Your shortness of breath and dizziness could be cardiac related which will require an ECG and an echocardiogram for evaluation.

Also, you probably are requiring a detailed physical examination and evaluation by a gastroenterologist for GI Bleed.

So it’s advisable that you should visit an ER and get yourself evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr Bhanu Partap, Cardiologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist