What do body tingling, neck pain and headaches indicate?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Yesterday I had tingling on the left side of my body - felt like I received novicane in left side of face. Behind my eyes hurt. Ears feel full, throat feels swollen, back of neck hurts and a big headache. Deep breathes feel good but have pain across abdomen and tingling in left arm - sounds like I'm a mess. Female - age 52
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A viral infection to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Sounds like a viral infection (a common one) that is causing your symptoms.

This is true if you experienced, or will experience fever too. In this case, just take rest, keep yourself well hydrated, drink plenty of warm liquids (soups, broths etc.) and observe how you stay.

Another condition to consider could be perimenopausal changes if you are not in menopause yet.

Please discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee